Thursday, December 5, 2013

Leaving a legacy Part1

Today I was at a men's fellowship we have at every third Thursday at Grace Christian Fellowship. On top of great food my wife made with Greek salad, grilled chicken (I helped with), yellow rice, brownies (by my mother in law) and we had a testimonial from our brother Alan Robson, and teaching from Kirk Blank about Preparing and Pondering for the Christmas Season!
We are approaching the crazy hectic holiday season, and it is really disgusting to me that alot of people forget the real reason for the holiday, the birth of Jesus Christ our savior!

Leaving a legacy, was a term that my brother Alan was talking about. He has alot of similar back grounds of his past like I do. It is nice to hear that I am not alone and that others have similar problems. When he grew up there was not much of a father figure in his life and when he mentioned a fire fighter that he became friends with, that was trying to instil a good christian life, he was once again tested when he tragically died in an automobile accident. He slipped from the lord with sin while hanging at the fire station.
How do I effect the environment I live in? Do I show the love of Jesus, to my enemies or friends? Most important I ask the question: "What kind of environment do I create for others?"
Matthew 5:14 ""You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden."
 
Some help to make me guide to be a Godly Man:
1) Prayer, to seek Gods will 2) Study the Bible, to seek direction 3) Fellowship with other Christians, to hold each other accountable.
Witness to others thru hope and Joy. Get out of you comfort zone (like when I went to the saki bomb for the Robot art show and made my "jesus loves Robots too" 

Patience, Prayer, Perseverance, is what you need when witnessing to others ~ Alan Robson 

We are always trying to prepare for visitors and the same is for the holidays! The are a few questions we should ask for the the preparing for the birth of our savior:

1) "What is your favorite part of Celebrating Christmas?"
2) "What thoughts do you imagine went thru Mary's mind as she tried to make sense of all she had experience and witnessed?"
3) "What are some ways you can ponder Jesus when you find he is not in your thoughts throughout the day?





No comments: