Saturday, September 29, 2012

Patriot Pen Essay by son

I just had to share my pride with my son, and here is something he wrote about our founding fathers! Sean you rock, I am soo blessed to have you in my life!


Sean Robinson
Patriots Pen Essay
Mrs. Anderson

My Declaration of
Thanks to the Founding Fathers

         Every morning in first period I put my hand over my heart and recite the Pledge of Allegiance. Then every morning I sit back down and continue on with my day. Today though, I sat back down and actually thought about the meaning of those words, “And to the republic for which it stands one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.” My mind began to think about how we became one nation under God, indivisible and with liberty and justice for all. My mind wondered to an actual image of the founding fathers: the great men and women who helped mold this country into what it is today.
         The Founding Fathers stood up for the rights they believed they should have. And ever since their time that is what America has been and will always continue to be. Because of their bravery and boldness it has molded all of our lives, whether we think so or not. America has become the envy of the world… a place where we can speak freely, believe freely, and decide freely. With all of the credit and thanks given to the Founding Fathers.
One of my favorite quotes, from one our Founding Fathers: A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.                                                                  George Washington, letter to Benjamin Harrison, October 10, 1784
If I could only say but one thing to the founding fathers it would be, “Thank you.” (What a surprise, I am sure you don’t hear that too often) But this is not just, “Thank you for making this country, its so great blah blah” This is a, “Thank you for making this country so great that not only makes its inhabitants joyous to live here, it makes foreigners so anxious to want to live here. So much so that they will sometimes even risk their lives to come over and live in our great big ‘melting pot.’ With a deep expression of gratitude, “Thank you for making this a country where all men are created equal’, and land of the free. A country where people’s voices are heard and we have a say in our government. A place where men can proudly say they live in the United States of America. Where all men can stand united under one red and white striped flag.”

No comments: